Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year Resolution: A Mistake!



It's almost 2009. And with everyone flaunting New Year resolutions, I figured I'd be realistic and admit that I've been screwing up and making mistakes most of 2008. So in acknowledgement/celebration of that, I would like to share the song 'Mistake' by Fiona Apple from her album 'When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King...' 

Check it out in the above video and part of the lyrics below. Pretty poetic.

-----

I'm gonna make a mistake, I'm gonna do it on purpose
I'm gonna waste my time

'Cause I'm full as a tick, And I'm scratching at the surface
And what I find is mine

And when the day is done, and I look back
And the fact is I had fun, fumbling around all the advice I shunned, 
And I ran where they told me not to run, but I sure had fun, so

I'm gonna fuck it up again, I'm gonna do another detour
Unpave my path

And if you wanna make sense... What you looking at me for?
I'm no good at math

And when I find my way back
The fact is I just may stay, or I may not
I've acquired quite a taste for a well-made mistake 
I wanna make a mistake.. Why can't I make a mistake?

----


No comments: