Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My New Favorite Song:: Straitjacket





Angry Alanis is back y'all. It took a break-up and depression but now she's back! However, it's not all anger. New album, Flavors of Entanglement is overly positive, but this song "Straitjacket" has so much venom and attitude squeezed in 3:10 minutes that it is more than enough for the whole album. This is my anthem!!!


The music and beats are superb and the lyrics, well... take a look at them below!


---


Something so benign for me, construed as cruelty

Such a difference between who I am and who you see

Conclusions you come to of me routinely incorrect

I don’t know who you’re talking to with such f**king disrespect


This shit’s making me crazy, the way you nullify what’s in my head

You say one thing, do another... and argue that’s not what you did

Your way’s making me mental: How you filter as skewed interpret

I swear you won’t be happy til I am bound in a straitjacket


Talking with you’s like talking to a sieve that can’t hear me

You fight me tooth and nail to disavow what’s happening


Your resistance to a mirror I feel screaming from your body

One day I’ll introduce myself and you’ll see you’ve not yet met me


Grand dissonance: The strings of my puppet are cut

The end of an era >> Your discrediting’s lost my consent

No comments: