Thursday, January 31, 2008

Music >> JUNO >> Cute Ugly People


In celebration of Juno OST climbing to #1 on the Billboard Album chart this week, I am posting five of my favorite songs off the soundtrack. It is the first from an Academy Award best picture nominee since 1998 "Titanic" to reach the summit. The soundtrack is a nice collection of sweet and quirky indie and rock songs from Belle & Sebastian, the Kinks, Kimya Dawson (The Moldy Peaches), Velvet Underground and others. Honetsly, I don't like all the songs but the good ones more than makeup for the duds. I am glad that Belle & Sebastian's 'Piazza, New York Catcher' is getting exposure on this soundtrack as it is my favorite B&S song, and their 'Expections' is underrated and beautiful. The stand out track is 'Anyone Else But You' perfomed by actors Ellen Page and Michael Cera. I prefer it to The Moldy Peaches rendition but I included both.

"We sure are cute for two ugly people.."


DOWNLOAD
Michael Cera & Ellen Page - Anyone Else But You
Belle & Sebastian - Expectations
Belle & Sebastian - Piazza, New York Catcher
Kimya Dawson - So Nice So Smart
The Moldy Peaches - Anyone Else But You

Download the zipped 5 songs here (YSI) or [zShare]

>> Juno Movie Official Site
>> Juno Soundtrack on Amazon

No comments: