Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hidden Gem >> If You Forget Me


If You Forget Me is a rare Madonna gem composed of her spoken-word reading of a Pablo Neruda poem with oriental beats and the infamous Erotica line 'Give it up, do as I say. Give it up and let me have me way'. The beauty of the poem combined with the hypnotic beats and Madonna's unmistakable voice result in an amazing piece of art/music. It is very similar to the style of Justify My Love - The Beast Within mix, which is my all-time Madonna favorite mix.

LISTEN & DOWNLOAD

>> Madonna - If You Forget Me [zShare]
>> Madonna - The Beast Within [zShare]


If You Forget Me >> I want you to know one thing >> You know how this is >> If I look at the crystal moon >> At the red branch of the slow autumn at my window >> If I touch near the fire the impalpable ash >> Or the wrinkled body of the log >> Everything carries me to you >> As if everything that exists - aromas, light, metals >> Were little boats that sail toward those isles of yours that wait for me >> Well, now >> If little by little you stop loving me >> I shall stop loving you >> Little by little >> If suddenly you forget me >> Do not look for me >> For I shall already have forgotten you >> If you think it long and mad the wind of banners that passes through my life >> And you decide to leave me at the shore of the heart where I have roots >> Remember >> That on that day, at that hour, I shall lift my arms >> And my roots will set off to seek another land >> But if each day, each hour, you feel that you are destined for me >> With implacable sweetness >> If each day a flower climbs up to your lips to seek me >> Ahh my love, ahh my own, in me all that fire is repeated >> In me nothing is extinguished or forgotten >> My love feeds on your love, beloved >> And as long as you live, it will be in your arms without leaving mine.


>> If you like these songs try this >> madonna - bittersweet [samuel karma sutra video]version],

No comments: